Thursday, August 21, 2008

FSV Part 2 - 7.27.08

Valenzuela, Cordillera, 7.27.08 - So I was just out not too long ago kickin' it with Maura and her fam, over at her sister/brother-in-law's house. This afternoon we ate lunch, took a siesta and then went to Na Antoli's house. I finally got to drink some terere and we walked around her amazing huerta. She had basically every vegetable one could want down here, and she also has tons of beautiful flowers. She gave us lettuce, cilantro, basil, some medicinal plant, and another long, plam-looking plant that smelled like garlic.

After that we headed back to the house and then went back out to see where Maura was. She had run to the hospital but, upon returning, knocked on our door and I came back out while Na Nico made dinner. Initially it was me, Maura, her brother-in-law and her brother sitting in the yard drinking beer. Then her dad, aunt, and younger cousin came over. It was quite a little gathering. I also met her sister Gloria and the baby, Fatima. We talked about the States, the Valenzuela schools, the youth, English, and they were amazed at my Guarani skills. We get along quite well. In the morning I plan to walk around town and make it to Na Rosa's and/or some of the other socia's houses that are on my list for possible places to live. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: